(To register for any of the below events - complete the registration form at the bottom of this page)
- West Country Ag Tour on Thursday, August 23, 2018 – Call Agriculture and Community Services at 403-846-4040 to RSVP by August 17. Click here for poster details.
- The "Bear” Necessities – We live in bear country and 2018 has been a year of increased encounters between bears and humans. Join Alberta Environment and Parks and Clearwater County to learn more about how to live in bear country. Watch the newspaper and County website for detailed infor-mation.
- Wednesday, August 29 - Christenson Wellness Center at 7:00 pm – an open house for rural and urban folks with presentations and take-home information about bears. Learn more about bear biology, habitat, attractants, reward behavior, human, pet and livestock protection, and more
- Thursday, August 30 - A field day close to Rocky Mountain House
- Morning: the principles of electric fences - protecting a beeyard and demonstration of temporary electric fences for fruit trees and other seasonal attractants.
- Afternoon: buildling "on-farm carcass compost” electric yard. This site ‘s objective is to be a demonstration site. The goal is to promote an effective tool to manage deadstock carcasses on farm as they represent an important source of bear-human conflict. Must RSVP by August 27 – call Ag and Community Services to register at 403-845-4444.
- Medicine River Watershed Society presents Plein Aire Painting & Photography Day with guest artist Heidi Taylor. Sunday, September 9 at Gilby Hall. Come celebrate the beauty, diversity and importance of the watershed. Artists – for more info contact Derryn (403-746-5990), Erin (403-506-7913) or Ward (780-679-2113). Friends and neighbors are invited at 5:00 pm to view the art and enjoy supper provid-ed by the Medicine River Watershed Society.
Septic Sense Workshop - Tuesday February 27, 2018
Introduction to Living with Beavers - March 14, 2018
Digital Story Showcase - April 16, 2018
Planting Pollinator Pots Workshop - May 2, 2018
Septic Sense Workshop – May 15, 2018
Community Weed Control Meeting – May 23, 2018
Working Well Workshop – May 31, 2018
Weed Workshops - May 30, 2018
Weed Workshop - June 6, 2018