County Council appoints Members-at-large and one Council member to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB) each October at their Organizational Meeting.
Summary of SDAB Functions:
- Hears and makes decisions on appeals related to stop orders, development and subdivisions
- Functions in accordance with the Municipal Government Act and Clearwater County's SDAB Bylaw
- Hears complaints and function like a legal court
- Examines evidence and applies legal rules to their findings
- Makes decisions after conducting a fair hearing that complies with legislation
- Makes final decisions that cannot be overturned unless an error in some aspect of law or jurisdiction