Clearwater County is implementing temporary measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and is amending the Public Hearing process in accordance with the Municipal Government Act (MGA).
All Regular Council meetings and Public Hearings are live streamed and recorded on Clearwater County’s YouTube Channel. Public Hearings remain open to the public; however, we will not be accepting in person attendance. Members of the public interested in participating in a Public Hearing are invited to learn more about remote Public Hearing access options below.
Clearwater County encourages ratepayers/residents to participate in the following ways:
- Review the proposed document here, or contact the Planning and Development Department with questions at 403-845-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listen to audio/video of the meeting (YouTube Live Streaming)
- Provide written comments/concerns via email at email@example.com, fax at 403-845-4048, mail at PO Box 550, Rocky Mountain House, AB, T4T 1A4, or in person by dropping off your comments in the main office drop box prior to 4:00 PM before the Hearing or during the duration of the Hearing via email;
If you would like to participate live by speaking directly to Council, you may join by audio only via telephone conference call, where you’ll be prompted to speak during the meeting within a set timeframe.
- Your comments, and all other contents of your email message or letter become part of a public record, which during this time, is also live streamed;
- We reserve the right to remove your comments from the record, if you do not include your first and last name;
- We also reserve the right to remove your comments from the record if they do not comply with our Respectful Workplace Policy.
- Prior to the start of the Public Hearing, dial in between 8:30 am and 8:45 am; and,
- The moderator will place your call in order, and you will be prompted when to speak and address Council.
For questions or trouble accessing any of the above options, call the Administration Office at 403-845-4444 and directions will be given as to how to participate.
Please note that this amended Public Hearing process may be delayed or take longer as it is requires additional resources and is our first time conducting remote Public Hearing access through conference calls.
Council may suspend or cancel any scheduled Public Hearings with little to no notice if conditions and health recommendations surrounding COVID-19 changes.