Clearwater County Scholarship
Clearwater County provides scholarships in the amount of $1,000 to one student graduating from each of the 4 High Schools in Clearwater County including West Central High School, St. Dominic High School, David Thompson High School and Caroline High School.
The scholarships are intended to recognize the importance of youth achievement in the area of community service and to encourage academic advancement.
- Any graduating student from a County High School registered and attending a post secondary school in a full time capacity;
- Must have been a resident of Clearwater County at the time of graduation from high school (note: this does not include Town or Village residents);
- Citizenship is the primary consideration for eligibility and includes involvement in the community or school in a voluntary and/or leadership capacity while attending high school. The scholarship recipient will be seen and recognized by other students as an individual who continually demonstrated care and respect for fellow students and the community;
- A student, upon receiving this $1,000 scholarship once, is ineligible to receive another award under this program.
- All graduating county high school students will be notified of this scholarship;
- Interested applicants may apply in writing identifying:
- Citizenship involvement while attending high school;
- County residence legal location while attending high school;
- Name of post secondary institution and the full time program enrolled in;
- Any reference letters the applicant feels are helpful in confirming citizenship activities.
Review and Selection Process:
- Applications will be received and reviewed by the respective high school principal (or his/her designate) considering the contents of the written application, the observations of school staff through the time the applicant attended high school, and any other community references the principal deems appropriate to consult.
- The respective high school principal shall select the winning applicant and advise the county administrator for purposes of preparing a check.
Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) Post-Secondary Scholarship
A scholarship in the amount of $1,000 is presented to one successful applicant from each of the five RMA districts. Applications must be received no later than August 31, 2019
. For more information about RMA's scholarship program, please visit the RMA website.