Communicating to and with residents is important for Clearwater County, especially through social media channels. And connecting with Clearwater County has never been easier! Visit and follow us on one of our many social media platforms today. You'll find us on a various social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn (please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our social media links).
The content on this webpage have been written to explain how Clearwater County interacts with the public on social media platforms.
The communications team uses Clearwater County's official social media accounts to provide information, highlight the work being done by Clearwater County, and direct users to view more information on our website. Social media is also used to provide emergent and time-sensitive information. By following our social media accounts, you can expect to see information about Clearwater County's programs, services, initiatives, and projects.
Please note that these social media accounts are not used to collect public input or feedback on initiatives, although social media may be used to promote opportunities to provide feedback. It is not intended to be an official record of public opinion on topics that are reviewed by Council. For questions or feedback to Council, please visit the Council Members webpage.
The communications team will read comments and participate in discussions when appropriate. We ask that your comments be relevant and respectful.
Building a respectful online community
Recognizing there is enough negativity on social media already, we aim to foster a safe and respectful online community, and protect social media users from inappropriate and harmful discourse.
Clearwater County is committed to establishing and maintaining a respectful workplace. Staff, elected officials, volunteers, contractors, and business partners have a right to a workplace where they are treated fairly and with dignity, respect, and honesty. Behaviours not in alignment with the Clearwater County’s respectful workplace policy will not be tolerated.
To help foster a respectful online community please be mindful that there are real people behind screens and keyboards reading or even monitoring Clearwater County's social media accounts and everyone deserves to be treated respectfully.
- Questions pertaining to the topic
- Requests for clarification if anything in our content is unclear
- Engagement with other commenters in a respectful manner
- Sharing our social media content
We will not tolerate:
- Any comments containing defamatory or offensive language.
- Harassment of Clearwater County staff, Council, or other members of the community. This includes all forms of bullying, name-calling, intimidation, retaliation, sexual harassment, coercion, or humiliation
- Intentionally trying to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community
- Language that is vulgar, aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, pornographic, or culturally insensitive
- Discrimination against any other member of the community for any reason such as racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, or insulting messages
- Perpetuating misinformation including attempts to discredit others by spreading false information
- Unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- Spam in our comments section
- Comments or questions that are irrelevant to the post
- Leaving comments for the purpose of commercial advertising or self-promotion
- Rude or abusive comments directed at an individual or an organization
- Encouragement of illegal activity
- Messages causing significant emotional distress to any other person
- Humour that is degrading, offensive, demeaning, embarrassing, or insulting (e.g., gifs, memes)
Clearwater County will delete all spam, advertising or comments that are inaccurate, off-topic, misleading, threatening, offensive, hateful and/or defamatory or otherwise objectionable. Determining which content is objectionable is at the sole discretion of Clearwater County's communications team. Posts that are unintelligible or irrelevant will be removed. Users who have their comments removed will be notified of the removal and directed to this webpage to help them understand the reason their comment was removed.
- Our social media pages are not intended to promote specific businesses and/or organizations in Clearwater County, outside of those that are affiliated or managed by the County, or those that are considered major tourist attractions. Consult our Online Business Directory to find services available in Clearwater County.
- Clearwater County will remove any post that provides non-public information about Clearwater County or its employees which may include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of Clearwater County employees.
- Content submitted to our social media sites is publicly viewed and not confidential. Never submit a comment or other content on social media that contains confidential or proprietary information, whether owned by you or someone else.
- If you want to refer to a third party work such as a newspaper article or other publication, we ask that you link to that material on that third party's website.
The views expressed by outside contributors do not necessarily represent the views of Clearwater County or its employees. Clearwater County does not endorse comments publicly posted.
|Clearwater County Official Facebook Page||Your source for news, tips, events, photos and featured community programs in Clearwater County.|
|Clearwater Regional Fire Rescue Services (CRFRS)||Clearwater Regional Fire Rescue Service is a proud, professional department providing protection to the citizens of Clearwater County, The Town of Rocky Mountain House, The Village of Caroline, and The Summer Village of Burnstick Lake. Your source for news and what CRFRS is up to.|
|Clearwater County Highway Patrol||Your source for Highway Patrol news, events and resources.|
|David Thompson Country Tourism Region||David Thompson Country is a tourism region in West Central Alberta, Canada. It is comprises Caroline, Rocky Mountain House & Clearwater County. Highlights include Nordegg, Abraham Lake, Ya Ha Tinda, & Ram Falls. It is known for outdoor recreation. |
|Clearwater County's Official Twitter Feed||Get the latest County info on services, programs, news, events & initiatives in your feed.|
|Clearwater Regional Fire Rescue Services (CRFRS) Twitter Feed||This account will be used to keep resident updated with timely information on active incidents, and safety messaging on things like flood preparedness, fire prevention, emergency alerts, motor vehicle collisions, road closures and more.|
|David Thompson Country Tourism Region||Cultural and recreation content from Clearwater County area to engage, enrich, inspire, and inform. |
|Clearwater County's Official YouTube Channel||Watch our numerous videos featuring our beautiful community, educational videos, community event features, Council meetings and much more. |
|David Thompson Country YouTube Channel||Watch videos of various recreation activities such as hiking, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, exploring, and challenge yourself.|