County Grant Programs

Clearwater County supports a variety of community efforts through three grant programs as well as other sponsorships and shared recreation funding with the Town of Rocky Mountain House and Village of Caroline. To learn about school scholarships, please visit the Scholarships webpage.

Recreation Grant Funding: North Saskatchewan and Raven Recreation Areas

Clearwater County also provides support for local community hall groups in the form of insurance payment support and capital and operational grant funding. Recreational organizations and groups that fall within the boundaries of the North Saskatchewan and Raven Recreation Areas are eligible for assistance with funding for small projects and programming. 

For the purposes of this fund, recreation shall refer to those projects that give opportunity to people of all ages to take part in healthy and beneficial activities. Examples of qualifying projects would be shale for ball diamonds, boards for ice rinks, updates to playground equipment, etc. Funds may also be put towards a larger recreational project that has had the majority of funds raised through other sources. Operational or maintenance costs are not covered by these grants.

Community Halls Grant 

Clearwater County's Community Hall Grant Funding provides annual grants to community halls in Clearwater County to allow them to remain sustainable and active in their community. Community Hall Associations will be given the responsibility to allocate funds according to their individual needs and apply elsewhere for funds that are required above and beyond the County's annual allocation. For guidelines or to apply, please download and submit this form.

Clearwater County Heritage Grant

The Clearwater County Heritage Grant aims to support community efforts that will interpret, recognize or celebrate our local heritage. Due to the pandemic and the changing gathering restrictions, we are fielding inquiries on an on going basis. Please contact the Planning & Development department at or 403-845-4444.
  • Grant guidelines are available here
  • To complete the application form click here

Clearwater County Caring for My Land Grant

  • Recognizing the cost associated with on-the-ground practice change, the Caring for My Land (C4mL) program is intended to reduce the financial burden that comes with implementing beneficial practice change. 
  • Funding is provided through the provincial Watershed Resiliency and Restoration Program (WRRP).  WRRP focuses on improving upland and lowland areas making watersheds more resilient to seasonal runoff and high water events and periods of drought or water deficiency. 

COST SHARE: 25% - 75% up to $5000

  • Eligible rural farm and non-farm landowners will receive 75% cost share funding for riparian fencing along streams, creeks, rivers, springs and surface water bodies, 25% cost share funding for eligible dugout fencing and offsite watering systems (projects benefiting watershed resiliency will be prioritized) and 50% cost share funding for all other projects and approved expenses - up to $5000 reimbursement per project. 
  • To view grant guidelines and complete an application form, click here

Emergent Facility Infrastructure Grant for Community Halls

Clearwater County provides grant funding to Community Halls in Clearwater County for large emergent facility infrastructure projects or upgrades required to meet building and fire code requirements. Please contact Agriculture & Community Services for more information.