Clearwater County welcomes new Chief Administrative Officer
(Rocky Mountain House, Alta.) – Clearwater County Council is pleased to announce the hiring of Christopher Read as the new Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) for the County.
“We believe Mr. Read will empower our staff and organization to achieve our goals and aspirations for a positive and prosperous future,” said Reeve Cammie Laird. “We look forward to working with Christopher as we turn our visions and priorities into realities for our community.”
The hiring decision is the culmination of a process that spanned several months in anticipation of the retirement of the County’s outgoing CAO. To assist with the selection of this critical position, Council enlisted the services of Leaders International Executive Search, a recruitment firm that completed a rigorous process of planning, targeting and analysis.
Christopher Read, a Certified Local Government Manager, arrives in Clearwater County with a distinguished educational background and a wealth of municipal experience that includes key posts in the Town of Hinton, the Municipality of Jasper and most recently, Yellowhead County. A lifetime resident of Alberta, Christopher is also an avid outdoors person, enjoying biking, paddling, climbing and backpacking.
The appointment of Mr. Read to the position of CAO of Clearwater County will take effect June 1, 2021.
Clearwater County Communications
- 07-19-2021 Regional Governance Study
- 05-11-2021 Clearwater County welcomes new CAO
- 04-29-2021 Clearwater County receives second grant to extend Wildland Urban Interface program for twelve months
- 04-23-2021 Clearwater County and Town of Rocky Mountain House reach ICF and Community Services Support Agreements
- 03-23-2021 Tri-Council Signs Waste Agreements
- 03-04-2021 Clearwater County Employee and Vehicle Involved in Motor Vehicle Collision on Highway 11A
- 02-09-2021 Clearwater County Celebrates Career of Long-Time Employee
- 10-27-2020 Clearwater County Council Elects Reeve, Deputy Reeve and Board Positions
- 09-30-2020 Clearwater County Statement on Aircraft Accident
- 08-10-2020 Council Voices Concern Over Potential Impacts of Assessment Model Changes on Clearwater County
- 08-06-2020 Clearwater County Reacts to Awarding of Grant for Municipal Restructuring Study
- 06-09-2020 New Leslieville Fire Station Construction to Begin This Summer
- 05-13-2020 Clearwater County Sets 2020 Tax Rates
- 03-20-2020 Clearwater County activates ECC in response to COVID-19
- 02-24-2020 Clearwater County Peace Officer, Ron McIvor Receives Alberta Emergency Services Medal for 22 Years of Service
- 02-11-2020 Clearwater County and Village of Caroline pursue Alberta Community Partnership Grant