Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
This law was proclaimed on October 1, 1995, and affects all provincial government departments, agencies, boards and commissions, school boards, health care bodies, post-secondary educational institutions, and local government.
The FOIP Act provides that Albertans have:
- the right to request access to information held by Clearwater County,
- the right to access personal information about themselves held by Clearwater County,
- the right to request correction to their personal information held by Clearwater County, controls on the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, by Clearwater County and
- the right to request independent review of decisions made under FOIP.
The FOIP Coordinator for Clearwater County can be contacted at:
Clearwater County's Main Administration Building
Box 550 - 4340 47 Avenue
Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1A4
The County Office is open Monday through Friday (except on statutory holidays), from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to make a FOIP request
- Enter your name, address and phone number
- If applicable enter company name
- Fax and e-mail are optional
- Indicate if you are requesting general or personal information;
- General – enclose initial fee of $25.00
- Personal – no initial fee required
- For either type of request, please indicate if you would like to examine the records or receive a copy of the records
- Giving as much detail as possible, describe the records you would like to access, the Clearwater County department that you believe holds the records and include the time period for the records.
- Please sign, date and send your request to the FOIP Coordinator with fees, if applicable.
- You may also submit your request in a letter provided it is, in writing stating that you are requesting the information under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.